Raw Rice - 2 cups
Moong Dhal - 1 1/2 cups
Cumin Seeds- 1 1/2 tbsp
Pepper Corns - 1 tbsp
Ghee - 3 tbsps
Sesame Oil - 2 tbsps
Salt to taste
Water - 7 1/2 cups
Cashewnuts as required
1. Wash and soak Moong Dhal and Rice separately for 20 mins.
2. In a pressure cooker heat Sesame Oil and Ghee, when hot throw in the Pepper Corns and Cumin Seeds.
3. When the Cumin Seeds pop add the Cashewnuts and fry until brown. Then drain Water from Moong Dhal and add to the Ghee and reduce the flame.
4. Add the Rice and pour Water, adjust Salt cook for 5 mins.
5. Close the lid and cook until 6-7 whistles.
6. Once the pressure release open the lid and mix well.
Serve With: Chutney and Sambar