Next Previous home

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Morru Kulambu

Cooking at a bachelors place is like lifting a mountain. We can never assume that they would have all the ingredients that are required for cooking more important they will not have the proper utensils to cook(like mixers etc). There are some ppl who always stock up their kitchen with all the needed things irrespective of whether they cook or not. Thankfully I found everything that was needed for making Morru Kulambhu at a bachelors place.

It doesnt take much of preparation time and tasts good, Some like to grind the powder for Morru Kulambhu finely I like it when its coarse.


1. In a mixer grind 2 tbsps Toor Dhal, 1 1/2 tbsps Rice, 2 Red Chillies, 1/2 tbsp Cumin Seeds coarsely.

2. Mix Water with the coarse powder and keep aside.

3. Heat a wok add 2 tbsps of Cooking Oil, when hot add 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds and let it splutter.

4. Now add the Curry Leaves and Sliced Onions and allow it to turn golden brown.

5. Add a pinch of Asafoetida and Turmeric Powder and mix saute.

6. Pour the ground mixture and add Salt and stir it and cook for a coupla mins.

7. Meanwhile mix fresh Yogurt with Water and beat well.
8. Add the Yogurt and mix well, remove from flame when it starts boiling.


Serve With: Rice, Dosa

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the morru kulambhu u not use coconut?

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

Never tried Morru Kulambu. I will try this sometime :) And something for you in my blog.

Anonymous said...

Morru Kulambhu came out well thanks

Anonymous said...

I liked your dishes, the items you use is also good. tell me where you got it.

Anonymous said...

Feel like having food at home :)

Anonymous said...

My mother in law was happy that I made a genuine Indian recipe. thank u, I got the credits

Anonymous said...

I used coconut also in your recipe it was good. thank u

Anonymous said...

My son had this for the first time and he liked it very much thank u.

Anonymous said...

nice to have south Indian recipe. I read abt the strawberry fest, where do u find abt these fests? I stay at Boston ve 2 kids tell me if there are any other fests in the locality.

Anonymous said...

Mor Kulambhu was good so was Paneer Gravy. I read comments u get interesting ones. Show us ur kitchen utensils.

Anonymous said...

Typical Tamilian dish :)

Anonymous said...

reminds me of Amma.

Anonymous said...

Oru Tamilachi oda recipe, appreciate u.

Anonymous said...

Super came out good.

Next Previous home
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails