Next Previous home

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Shankarpala

I dont like Shankarpala just for 2 reasons, one being that its made in Oil and the other that it has All Purpose Flour. But my better half does like this very much, after a long times request I made up my mind to do this. Shankarpala can be stored in airtight cointainers for nearly 2 weeks. It definitely makes a great snack.



1. Sift 1 cup of All Pupose Flour with a pinch of Salt in a large mixing bowl and set it aside.

2. Warm a sause pan and add 1/4 cup of Water and add 1/2 cup Sugar and 1 tbsp Ghee and mix well till Sugar dissolves.
3. Now pour the Sugar solution to the Flour little at a time and make a nice dough, divide it into 2 balls and roll them using a rolling pin.
4. Heat Oil in a large Kadai and cut the dough into diamonds or squares or triangles and loosen them.
5. Now deep fry the pieces in oil until the color changes, always keep the heat on medium.
6. Remove from heat and use a kitchen tissue to drain the excess Oil.
7. Store it in an airtight container or Ziploc bag.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shankarpalas are my favs

Srikitchen said...

mmmm.... its my favorite and a good snacks too!

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

When i was small i liked it very much. Now a days i avoid this for the same reason as u said. But after seeing yours its tempting me to do it.

Anonymous said...

looks crispy and inviting.

Anonymous said...

coffee and shankarpalas are a great combo thanks for sharing this recipe.

Anonymous said...

Its raining here am going make this and have it with coffee as Meenal said.

Anonymous said...

We call it Maida Biscuits my favorite, mmm every ones favorite.

Anonymous said...

Good recipe Ramya thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I am on a gluten free diet, love them but unfortunately cant make them.

Sum Raj said...

very gud snacks...

Anonymous said...

back home me and my sis love these diamond cuts very much, thats how we call it. Thanks for sharing, cant stop thinking of the days we spent together ;)

Anonymous said...

Ramya your recipes are all very simple and good.

Next Previous home
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails