Next Previous home

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Pancakes

We always think that it involves a great deal of work to make pancakes at home, so we get the ready made mix. I love Aunt Jemima pancake mix, its wonderful and they come out good compared to Bisquick mix. Now there are ready to use mix or shake and pour mix available in the stores and convenient pancake dispensers available too. There are 2 reasons why I prefer making pancake mix by myself, one the amount of sodium and other preservatives can be reduced by mixing our own and the second the cost which is not a big effect.

Ingredients:

All Purpose Flour - 1 cup
Baking Pwd - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Sugar - 2 tbsps
Egg - 1 no. whisked
Buttermilk - 1/4 cup
Water - 1/2 cup
Butter - 1 tbsp

Method:

1. Add all the ingredients in the same order and mix thoroughly well to a smooth soft dough without any lumps to dosa flour consistency.
2. Heat a pan and pour the mixture and let it cook for a coupla mins. Toss the pancake and let it cook.
3. Serve with Maple Syrup or Honey and a dice of Butter.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good like a pros ;)

Anonymous said...

Nice one mam.

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

Nice recipe and very simple one :)

Anonymous said...

I am a pancake fan uh oh. When I was at US I used to visit iHop atleast twice a week. I miss pancakes now. Thanks for this recipe.

Anonymous said...

Hey what you say is true I have seen nore sodium content i the ready made mix. Good thank you

Anonymous said...

Good one my son usually has pancakes in milk. I too started liking the taste ;)

Next Previous home
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails