Atta Flour - 1 Cup
Unbleached Flour - 2 Cups
Honey - 5-6 tbsp
Domino Sugar - 2 tbsp
Flax Seeds - 2 tbsp
Yeast - 2 tbsp
Milk - 1 3/4 cups
Butter Milk - 1/4 cup
Sunflower Seeds - 2 handfuls
Salt to taste
Oats -1 handful (plain)
Water for soaking Oats and Sunflower Seeds.
1. Heat 1/2 cup Milk for about a min & mix the Yeast & Sugar and set it aside.
2. Heat Water and soak the Sunflower seeds.
3. In a tissue pour the Oats and soak it in water.
4. Heat the reamining Milk for another min.
5. In a large bowl add the Atta flour, unbleached flour, salt and mix well.
6. Add the Flax Seeds, Honey, ButterMilk, Milk and mix well.
7. The Yeast mixture would raise, now add the Yeast and mix well.
8. Drain off the Water and put the Sunflower Seeds.
9. Now squeeze the water from Oats and press in with the mixture.
10. Do not make the dough too hard, if needed add a few tbsps of milk and knead it well.
11. Now seperate the dough into 2 halves and roll them lenght wise.
12. Spinkle some Unbleached flour in the baking tins and place the rolled dough.
13. Wet a couple of tissues and cover the baking tins & allow it to raise.
14. In the mean time preheat the oven at 450 degrees for 20 mins.
15. Place a bowl of water while you bake the bread in the oven, it will prevent the bread from becoming hard.
16. Bake the bread for 20 mins. Allow it to cool and cut it into slices.
PS. Soaked Oats can be sprinkled on the dough before baking.
Atta - Golden Temple Durum Atta
Unbleached - Harvest King
Thursday, May 15, 2008