Next Previous home

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tonno Pizza

Who doesnt love Pizza??? I have had pizza with fruits, veggies, Pepperoni, chicken, plain, just Sausages and lotsa and lotsa of cheese but Pizza with Fish was something new I was so excited when the thought of Fish and Pizza came to my mind... I thought why not try Tonno on Pizza (I was a lil skeptical as I dint wanna waste the tonno cos Krish bought them back from Italy along with him). To be honest the pizza turned out really great, its very simple no sauce preparation ha ha but it did have an Indian touch though... The smell was lingering all around the house and the aroma was all alive in the oven which made me open it a coupla times until it slowly died later :(



Ingredients:

For the Pizza Dough:

All Purpose Flour - 2 cups
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Buttermilk

For the Topping:

Onion - 1 medium thinly sliced
Tomatoes - 2 medium deseeded, thinly sliced
Green Pepper - 1 medium deseeded and sliced
Garlic Pods - 3 finely chopped
Red Chillie Flakes - 2 tbsps
Garlic Salt - 1 tsp
Tonno - 1 can drained
Dried Parsley - 1/4 tsp
Marjoram - 1/4 tsp
Seasoning Salt - 1/4 tsp
Italian Seasoning - 1/4 tsp
Mozzarella Cheese - If I say a 2 balls cheese lovers will start hating me so I leave it to you.
Coriander Leaves a few stalks



Method:

1. Add all the ingredients for the Pizza Dough and add Buttermilk lil by lil until you form a dough a little less firm.
2. Set the dough aside for 30 mins and cover with a damp kitchen towel and let it raise.
3. Meantime clean and cut all the ingredients and preheat the oven at 425 degrees.
4. Roll the Pizza dough to desired shape and sprinkle Garlic Salt on the dough. Sprinkle Onion, Tomatoes, Garlic, Green Peppers, Tonno and chunks of Mozzarella add all the seasoning.
5. Bake for 10 mins at 425 degrees then reduce and bake for another 5-7 mins or even more until the pizza is done.

28 comments:

Bhawana said...

hey Ramya, pass me this pizza piece. Looking lovely and delicious :).

Unknown said...

Looks just yummy..Long since I had fish since V doesnt take fish :( I can just see and drool!!

Anonymous said...

hi Ramya..
Even my first visit to ur fantastic blog ..u gt a great collection of variety of recipes ..good to see ur blog ..will keep visiting here..:)
i never tried pizza.. seeing ur mouthwatering pic i cant stop trying this pizza..thanks a lot for sharing this wonderful recipe ..i have added u in my blog roll
love
veena

Jo said...

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw "pizza" as the header. I've had my fair share of pizzas last month due to a Daring Baker's challenge. Still have left over dough for more this week-end. Yours look great and you must have lots, and lots, and lots of cheese. :)

lubnakarim06 said...

Wow looks yummmmmmmmmmmy.

Christo Gonzales said...

PIZZA -I love pizza and this looks like an excellent combination - I cant wait to try it.

Finla said...

I love pizza, but i don't like pizza with fish.

Jaishree Iyer said...

I love Pizza. Looks yummy.

Anonymous said...

Good Combo never thought of doing something like this...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Yasmeen said...

WOW! Fish on pizza is an innovative pizza topping,gotta give it a try:)

ST said...

Pizza looks yumm yumm

Anonymous said...

I liked your pizza, wish to give it a try. Mouthwatering.

Anonymous said...

What a cool idea. I never would have thought of it!

Anonymous said...

Nice pizza idea mam this ll b my weekend spl...

grace said...

yes indeed--it's always sad when lingering aromas fade away. :)

Uma said...

Yes, who doesn't love pizza if it looks that scrumptious? Yummy!

Alexa said...

What a great idea... it reminds of pain bagna: a specialty of Nice, France where I spent a good part of my childhood.

Anonymous said...

Lovely Pizza when u come to India I am gonna spend all my time eating your food made by u.

Priya Suresh said...

Delicious pizza Ramya...i love pizza with fish..am drooling now here..

Purva Desai said...

What a creative way of using fish........
Pizza looks lip smacking and the crust looks srispy too...

Anonymous said...

Good post, so did u use all the tonno that ur hubby got? What else are you going to do with the remaining fish, am a little curious.

Gita Jaishankar said...

Wow fish in pizza, I've got to taste this one...

anudivya said...

Smart girl, made your own pizza dough! Looks very nice Ramya.

Anonymous said...

I was searching for recipes and I stumbled into your blogspot. Good collection of recipes. I liked this pizza will try to make it.

Anonymous said...

Fish pizza? havent really heard of it. Good try mmm

Recipeswap said...

This looks yummy.Love the dough,I too dnt use yeast.Nice blog Ramya.

Next Previous home
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails