Next Previous home

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sweet Puffs

Muah Muah, yes I knew there was something big waiting for me after those sweet muah's and yup I guessed it right, then started the sweet talks which lead all the way to the kitchen and pull out the measuring cup, yup the measuring cup and drag the box of all purpose flour and then the lengend followed - none other than Sugar. Once baked and decked up these sweet puffs travelled all the way to the office and nonetheless bothered to stay back for my company. Sweet Puffs are something interesting to make and ofcourse after all the pain one takes to make them, the pleasure remains when they disappear in a blink of an eye.



Ingredients for the Puffs:

All Purpose Flour - 1 cup
Water - 1 cup
Butter - 1 stick cut into small pieces to bring it to room temp.
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Egg - 4 nos. + 1 no. extra

Method:

1. Heat Water in a large pan add the Butter, Sugar and Salt, when it boils remove from heat and add the All Purpose Flour all at once and stir them well not allowing any lumps to form. This might be painful but when all the mixing is done the dough will be shiny.
2. Replace the pan over medium heat and keep stirring continuously until the dough is rich and shiny. Remove from heat and transfer to another bowl.
3. Beat all the Eggs in a bowl and start adding little by little to the dough and mix the dough thoroughly well. Keep the Egg as the variable ingredient you might not use all of them or you might need an extra egg too.
4. Continue to add all the Egg and mix the dough well, check the dough between fingers, when they form peaks the dough is all set. Transfer the dough to a pastry bag with a star nossel.
5. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and in the meantime either grease a tray or lay parchment paper over the tray and make desired shapes and bake for 20 mins now reduce the heat and bake for another 10-12 mins.
6. Let the puffs cool for 10 mins on cooling racks and make the creme for the filling.

Ingredients for the Creme:

All Purpose Flour - 1/3 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Egg Yolks - 5 nos.
Vanilla - 1 tbsp
Half and Half - 1 cup
Heavy Cream - 1/2 cup
Salt - 1/2 tsp

Method:

1. Beat Egg Yolks and Sugar until creamy then add the Flour gradually and well so no lumps form.
2. Heat Half and Half when it boils remove from heat and add the above mixture and mix well and replace on medium heat. When the mixture behgins to bubble (you will hear a blimp noise) remove from heat.
3. Place the cream and transfer to a cool bowl and place over a bowl of ice cubes mix in the Vanilla and let it cool, when cool add the Cream and mix.
4. Fill in pastry bags with a thin nossel. Reverse the puff and dig a hole with a ponted knife, fill the puff with the cream and store in airtight cointainer.



I definitely missed them but I was duly appreciated by everyone who had it. You can make a variety of cream filling add in melted chocolate morsels or instant coffee powder to the cream to have variations.

Now its award time though, Jo from Sugar Everything Nice passed me the Kreativ Blogger Award and so she stumped me by asking me to do the following



7 things I say more often

1. Oh God Oh No
2. Seriously speaking
3. Holy Cow
4. I can do it
5. I love blah blah blah
6. Awesome
7. Namo (my brothers name) and Dad

7 things I did Before

1. Danced, acted in plays and did Yoga
2. Spoke too much over the fone
3. Had food at restuarants 5 days a week ;)
4. Worked in IT, oh God I miss that badly
5. Tuck a teddy near me :(
6. Painted and embroided
7. Gardening

7 things I do now

1. Cook and bake mmm thats always a pleasure
2. Shop shop and shop till I fall
3. Watch History Channel when ever I get time
4. Blog Blog and Blog
5. Do Yoga
6. Collect wooden antiques
7. Fall in line with fashion trend

7 things I want to do

1. Pottery class is my long time dream
2. Take up my job again
3. Build my dream house, a kitchen with an island and elegant equips and utensils
4. Take up a beautician course
5. Set up a reading room with all kinds of books
6. Watch Patriots match (specifically Patriots win the Giants) at Gillette Stadium
7. Own a BMW 2 seater

7 things that attract me about the opposite sex

1. Attitude
2. Smile and eyes
3. Straight Forwardness
4. Clever and witty
5. Humor but no nonsense
6. Sportive and bubbly
7. The art of recognition

7 favorite food

1. Brownies nothing but brownies
2. Japanese Rice noodles with egg and veggies
3. Ice creams with fudge and brownie
4. Grilled Beef
5. Seafood stock pot
6. Pizza for all the cheese and the extra cheese ;)
7. Idly with Chicken stew with coconut milk and the chetinad touch

Now for the 7 bloggers whom I would like to pass this on to:

Teresa Cordero Cordell, Malar Gandhi , Purva Desai, Bhawana , Pavani , Vibaas and Vidhas

28 comments:

Vibaas said...

Thanks for the award dear. Now you have given me the tough job of writing the 7 things..Have to put on the rusty thinking cap ;-)

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Oh Ramya, you little devil! OK, I'll play. But it will have to be on the weekend. You are such a sweetie, but you're still a little devil. Luv ya.

Vibaas said...

Ramya, i went back and read the 7 things..about you and you are so much like me. Makes it easier for me..hehe

Anyways, it is so nice to know about you.

Malar Gandhi said...

Thank you dude, to pass this sweet award to me! And should I really be talking about me???? Hey by the way....its so kool to know about you!

Anonymous said...

Sweet puffs looks great and good way of appreciating among bloggers kewl

Christo Gonzales said...

what is a nos. in your recipes...and I love your list....

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

those look so sweet.. amateurs like me can't make these :(

Anonymous said...

Nice looking puffs tell me why do you take so much pains to make them? Just to make us crave for them uhhh?

Anonymous said...

Nice looking puffs tell me why do you take so much pains to make them? Just to make us crave for them uhhh?

raaji said...

Ramya while reading all ur 7 things i nearly felt we had so much in common......BTW the puffs are ideal ones for me as you have baked them....

Gita Jaishankar said...

Congrats on the award Ramya. The puffs look great, definitely worth all the pains taken :)

Unknown said...

The puffs look cute..Looks like it takes a lot of time.But worth the effort..And that is a nice interesting meme..

Usha said...

Those puffs are very pretty...and yum....interesting meme :-)

Pavani said...

Hi ramya,,thanku very much for ur award...u made too write so much abt me....i htink u people will shock...
sweet pufs looks cute n yummy...once again thanku yaar...

Jaishree Iyer said...

Puffs looks cute & yummy..nice to know about u.

vidhas said...

First thing in the morning i opended my dash board your award message, I felt so... happy.Thanks Ramya for passing me the award. Now i have to think and write about me. The way you have written is awesome.

The Puffs look so.. delicious and great.

Priya Suresh said...

Wow fabulous sweet puffs, tempting one...looks really great..keep up ur great job dear..

Congrats on ur award..u deserve it really...

Adlak's tiny world said...

Congrats on yr award and yr sweet puffs are awesome and yumm. Nice to know abt u from those seven thinks....

lubnakarim06 said...

Wow reading about "7" sevens is really nice. Congratulations on the award.Sweet puffs look awesome.

Bhawana said...

Hi Ramya, Congratulations for the Award dear and thanks for passing it to me.

It is nice to know so many things about you :). I loved reading ur post. I read it two times :). I dont see u online these days?? whr r u??? I will post this ASAP, n let u know.

Love
Bhawana

Anonymous said...

Now into bakinh uhhh??? Post some Indian recipes too...

Purva Desai said...

These Sweet Puffs are really tempting.....they look like sweet shells....:)
My eyes is on the cute container in which you have stored them....I really like collecting such cute stuff..
Congrats for receiving the well deserved award, and thanks for considering me worth for this award..
It was really fun reading about you and know more about you....

Deepthi Shankar said...

ur mEME was a nice read .. those sweet puffs looks nice .. i have always had the savoury version .. looks good

Anonymous said...

Good looking puffs so shall I join you for tea?

Andhra Flavors said...

very nice tinful of puffs.

Sukanya Yogesh said...

looks so yum

jayasree said...

Baked puffs looks yum... Nice to know more abt u.

Vijitha said...

Cute looking puffs! gr8 baking.Nice pic n lovely cookie tin.
They remind me of "little hearts" cookies!

Next Previous home
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails