Next Previous home

Monday, November 24, 2008

Dinner Rolls with 0 Butter

First of all am really sorry for that blunt post that I posted previously, I was in a rush to leave and I did post it before leaving even without leaving a message how those muffins tasyed like... The idea of preparing those muffins came up all of a sudden and I was in need of Cognac/Kirsch/Rum/Fruit Liquor... I know for sure that I dint have Cognac/kirsch/Rum I went in search of Fruit Liquor and I had Orange Liquor but I was skeptical about using it with Cranberries so I thought of using Vodka and pour in the remains of soaked Vodka as well as a coupla tblsp's too. I liked the taste of those dunked drunken Cranberries and they tasted awesome, infact they made me happy...

Now for todays recipe, everyone loves those appetizers served in Bertucci's the dinner rolls with Olive Oil, Chilli Flakes, Garlic, Rosemary and Salt... I am a die hard fan of those rolls hard on the outside and soft and chewy inside. I was speaking to my Mom and found out that if I use no Butter they come out awesome... She is a wonderful cook and a baker, when she was 19yrs old she took up a baking class and later improved her baking and cooking skills, ofcourse she did pass on them my way too... I hardly bake if I do so I never have posted many baked goodies...



Ingredients:

A.P. Flour - 3 cups
Whole Milk - 1 cup
Yeast - 1 1/4 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Brown Sugar - 2 tbsps
Maple Syrup



Method:

1. Preheat the oven at 375 degrees. Sift A.P. Flour and Salt a couple of times this will airate the Flour and help in raising.

2. Heat Milk for 3 mins and add Sugar and let it dissolve. Now add the Yeast and let it raise.
3. Pour in the Yeast mixture to the Flour lil by lil and make a dough using your fingers.

4. Knead the dough thoroughly well not tearing the dough and simply folding it. Tearing will not help the dough do its work.

5. Let the dough raise to its double. I had switched on the dishwasher and they rose perfectly well, in about 30 mins they rose upto 2.5 times its size.

6. Punch in the dough using your fist and enjoy the softness fold in for a few mins and then roll them into desired size balls ( to get large rolls let it rest for another 20-25 mins for the balls to raise, I dint have time so I put them immediately into the oven). Glaze with Maple Syrup.

7. Arrange on presifted trays and bake for 15-20 mins.

8. When baked for 7-8 mins open the oven door letting the hot air out (old Ovens dont have any vents).

66 comments:

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Ramya, these rolls look delicious. Too bad I'm scared to death of using yeast. But I'll try. I want one of those rolls right now! I guess I better get over being such a scardy cat, huh?

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

loooks so soft and fluffy.. wish i cud bake them.. i have not yet figured how to use my oven .. hehe

raaji said...

I like those dinner rolls...i tried it once.it was not that baad...but waiting that it will turn out good next time....
ramya i trieed adding googlebookmarks...but there was some prb..i didnt know why???

Jo said...

Oh yum, dinner rolls. These look really delicious and fluffy.

Vibaas said...

They look soooo soft. I want them now :)

Lakshmi said...

woow a 0 butter version is always a guilt free treat ! They looks yumm Ramya. Btw, you asked for Niger seeds on my blog, you can see it here :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niger_seed

@the_whisk_affair said...

hey ramya! the rolls look great! you too have got a great blog here... thanks for ur comments on my blog. I appreciate it..Do come by often :-)

@the_whisk_affair said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pavani said...

name it self sounds different and it looks yummy and nice click.it is perfect along with tea

jayasree said...

Soft airy rolls. Looks perfect.

Jaishree Iyer said...

Dinner rolls looks delicious and fluffy.Nice click.

Priya Suresh said...

Dinner rolls looks fabulous...without butter will them very soon..rolls makes me hunger dear..Lovely clicks..

ST said...

Looks very soft and fluffy and perfect

Raks said...

Those rolls looks very nice!Looks so soft!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Rolls. Nice and fluffy.

Deepthi Shankar said...

looks nice .. very soft & fluffy

lubnakarim06 said...

Wow looks soft amd moist.

Uj said...

Wow.. they look so soft and fluffy and 0 butter sure scores huge points. I am scared of the oven. I made cake twice and the crust came out crispy though the cake tasted good. Bread baking is something that I have not ventured out till now. But would love to make it someday. I am bookmarking this recipe to make when I have some courage :)

Unknown said...

oooohooo 0 butter have to try these yaar looks so soft

Purva Desai said...

WOW.....Roll without butter this sounds really interesting and they look fluffy and yummy

vidhas said...

wow!! Looks great.Since i dont have a oven i miss all baking recipes, i have to buy a oven soon.

Adlak's tiny world said...

fantastic rolls looks yum and y dont u send me some dear.

Anonymous said...

Ramya you told me that you never bake and that you dread baking cause its always been a disaster. I dont feel like that all you baked goodies look great and its diagonal pictures tell us how good they came out of the oven. Wish I could grab a few of those.

Sujatha said...

Perfect with that soft and fluffy look! Could be a great accompaniment for soups in this cold weather.. good one Ramya!

Finla said...

WOW no butter and these still looks so good.
I would love to have them.
Delicious

Laavanya said...

They look perfect & fluffy Ramya.

Sharmi said...

hmm that looks good, no butter?? then you should have also tried with whole wheat!! Jus Kidding:)

Usha said...

Looks awesome and this with no butter,wow...definitely a must try recipe !

Gita Jaishankar said...

The rolls looks perfect, the good news is that there is no butter in this recipe... Now I can make this for my hubby who is on a diet :)

Anonymous said...

Great job I just love these rolls. Pictures are perfect and they have turned out well.

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

Yummy dinner rolls. Looks fluffy and delicious.

Sunshinemom said...

Beautiful rolls! I like the holes in them!

Anonymous said...

wow ..
looks so soft and delicious

Yasmeen said...

Those are my kinda rolls with 0 butter,delicious! :)

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Ramya, you are so sweet. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with your family.

Malar Gandhi said...

Wow....never tried making my own rolls. Interesting recipe dude....I would probably try this one! Thanks for sharing it here...

Unknown said...

ramya just now I saw u r comment in my blog yes u have to add tomato with vegetables but chopp nicely and add that gives anice taste to
dappalam thanks for u r lovely coment dear

Sagari said...

Ramys dinner rolls looks veryyyyyy light and airy

Uma said...

ooh, soft and fluffy dinner rolls. Yummy!

grace said...

that's some pretty outstanding texture you've got going on in your rolls. they look like the perfect accompaniment to any meal. :)

Vijitha said...

Gr8 baking rams! Soft n fluffy... jus perfect.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and this bread looks delicious (yay to zero butter!) :)

Unknown said...

wow.. looks perfect & soft.. thxs for sharing..

Alexa said...

Your rolls look perfect and flaky. You would never miss the butter.:-)

Joie de vivre said...

Lovely crumb. They look yummy!

Andhra Flavors said...

wow great rolls with 0 butter. You done a great job.
I think, You no need my permission to subscribe my posts.
am I right? ofcourse i sont have much knowledge abt this.
sorry for late respnose. I was little bit busy.

Unknown said...

they are perfect :)
wow..wr did u ur mom learn her baking course ?out of anxiety...as both are from cbe...
n just yesterday i made the subscription available thru GReader also...

Jescel said...

Oh your rolls look perfect. Wish I can do the same :o)

Indranee Batabyal said...

Lovely and crispy rolls, can't believe they're without butter!

Purva Desai said...

Enjoy festivities by participating in Christmas Feast Event
http://purvasdaawat.blogspot.com/2008/12/christmas-feast.html

Shreya said...

hi Ramya, those rolls look perfect! And I love the idea of vodka in muffins, love the previous post recipe! please collect the award for you at my blog.

Sharmi said...

hello Knock Knock?? where did you disappear with those buns??!!! on a break?

Uj said...

hello madam,
Are you still busy with your Dinner rolls?? Long time no see...?

Vikis Kitchen said...

Lovely rolls. yummy dear.

Alexa said...

Happy holidays, Ramya!

Vijitha said...

Wish you a happy new year! May all your dreams come true.

cheers
Vij

Jescel said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU! Here's to more lovely creations in 2009!

Vibaas said...

Long time no c. Wish you a happy new year!

anudivya said...

They look absolutely divine, like little soft pillows... and BTW, Ramya where have you been? No posts lately :(

pigpigscorner said...

Looks really good! So fluffy and light!

Suganya said...

Dinner roll without butter sounds so good. Perfect....Looks so lovely....YUM!

veggie belly said...

these look so soft and yummy!

lubnakarim06 said...

Where r u?

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for this for years. My great-grandmother used to make Butter Roll. When she passed away no one had the recipe. I've asked several people and no one seem to have heard of Butter Roll. Thank You so much. I cant wait to make this.

chef and her kitchen said...

first time here...Dinner rolls look fabulous that too with out butter...quite interesting!!

ARUNA said...

wow these rolls look so spongy.....my mouth is watering!

Next Previous home
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails