Next Previous home

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sesame Chicken

Who can resist all the food offered at the Chinese joint??? I am a die hard fan of their Sesame Chicken, Orange Chicken and Teriyaki Chicken I can stop here though. Winter now and so much food yes the same old Calorie count comes to mind but couldnt stop there I decided to make Sesame Chicken, it was close to what I wanted... I did try something like this with the Shrimps and Chicken earlier check them out, but this is with a lil variation.



Ingredients:

For the Chicken:

Chicken - 1 lb
Flour - 1 cup
Baking Pwd - 1/4 tsp
Garlic Salt - 1 tsp
Chilli Pwd - 1 1/2 tsp
Soy Sauce - 1 tbsp
Buttermilk - 2 cups

For the Sauce:

Soy Sauce - 1/2 cup
Orange Juice - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Garlic Pods - 3
Red Chilli Flakes - 1 1/2 tbsps
Shallots - few stalks
Salt to taste

For Garnishing:

Sesame Seeds
Cilantro few Stalks



Method:

1. Clean and cut Chicken into desired shape and marinate in Buttermilk for 1-2 hrs.
2. Remove the Chicken and toss in the Flour (Flour, Garlic Salt, Baking Pwd, Chilli Pwd) and Soy Sauce and let it rest for 10-15 mins.
3. Mix all the ingredients for the Sauce and cook over low or medium heat for 10-15 mins.



4. Deep fry the Chicken (in batches) in Oil, dry them on kitchen towel and quickly dip in the Sauce and remove immediately.
5. Garnish with Sesame Seeds and Cilantro .

Serve with: Rice or Noodles



I can see New Year approaching yup the realization is a lil early though I got a mail each asking me to subscribe for recipe calendars, one was Betty Crocker and the other one Pillsbury and surprisingly they were absolutely free. Check out the links for the calendars.

35 comments:

Yasmeen said...

Tasty sesame chicken!I made it last week and my recipe is waiting to be posted.

Unknown said...

just love orange chicken n sesame chicken..You made it like a pro..

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

nice Pic!

Christo Gonzales said...

wow - you should work at my local take-out place

Anonymous said...

pics are sp tempting.....!!!!!! must have tasted great!

Purva Desai said...

They look simply irresistible......crispy and juicy

Vikis Kitchen said...

Lovely sesame chicken recipe Ramya.
Thanks for reminding me of putting a subscription link in my blog. Love all ur posts and also those links for recipe calender:)

Vibaas said...

Have something for you, Ramya.

Pls. check : http://vibaas-world.blogspot.com/2008/11/wow-is-all-i-can-say.html

Sum Raj said...

woo this looks delicious and great..

raaji said...

seems like all geared up for thanksgiving...wonderful chicken recipes allover......not sure which one to try...:)

Adlak's tiny world said...

tok tok tok... something knocking yr door from my blog visit -ITS A REFRESHING TIME post and pick up pck up.....

Priya Suresh said...

Woww cant control myself..i love these sesame chicken...urs looks like same as we get from chinese resto...looks wonderful n mouthwatering...

Pavani said...

looks yummy n mouthwatering me...i will try it surely

Anonymous said...

Ramya, good post lady. Picture speaks the efforts that you undertook.

grace said...

orange chicken's my favorite, but you'd better believe i'd never pass this up. looks stellar!

Malar Gandhi said...

Hey thats my fav' one...sesame chicken! Planned to make this weakend! Your version sounds interesting...probably I should give a try. Clicks are awesome, dude.

Srivalli said...

That sounds really interesting!..never tried with whole sesame like that!

Finla said...

Beautiful and delicius. Bookmarking them.

Gita Jaishankar said...

Thanks for encouragment Ramya. I'll add the subcription link soon. The chicken looks so mouth-watering. I have tasted this at Chinese restaurants but never tried. Thanks for the recipe :)

Sharmi said...

I have a small doubt, if I add your blog to my reader, I will get ur posts right? how will you get mine? you have to subscribe my blog in your reader account to get my posts. did I confuse you:)) anyways I am adding yours right away;)

Anonymous said...

Mouthwatering pictures. love to make them.

Unknown said...

Hi.. Thanks for visiting my blog..i have added the subscribe via reader..you can get them in google reader...or you can follow my blog to get it in the reader..
Btw, you have a great blog yourself here with interesting recipes...loved your blog which describes spices too..good job..adding you to my blogroll..

Pavani said...

thanks yaar...for subscribing n for lovely comments

lubnakarim06 said...

Wow chicken ad sesame. Never tasted this combo. Pics are tempting.

vidhas said...

Hi Ramya, Picture looks perfect.Since I am a pure veg, i cant try. I have added wht you wanted dear. Kindly check it up.

Jaishree Iyer said...

I am a pure veg,Pics are tempting Ramya:)

Vijitha said...

Hi ramya
Yummmy post! my most fav dish wit egg noodles :-)
urs looks so beautiful...nice clicks!

Sujatha said...

Sesame Chicken looks tooo good Ramya! Lovely color.. Your pics are making me hungry now :)

Sujatha said...

And BTW, I've added the subscribe gadget in my blog.. Thanks for your interest dear Ramya :)

Indranee Batabyal said...

Wow, this chicken looks so delicious...mouthwatering!

Malar Gandhi said...

Ramya, please take a look at my Plagiarism post and support me....I am devasted. I truly appreciate ur comment.

Penang Tua Pui said...

looks so yummy and complete information to prepare it....

well done...

i love sesame chicken too...

Alexa said...

That looks so good, perfectly golden and flavored. I am impressed by your skills Ramya.

Anonymous said...

i love chicken ,but never had this dish ..Its looks spicy and tasty ...Good work da..I am drooling .... :)
love
veena

Anonymous said...

So tempting! I love Chinese food and your pics makes me drool :)

Next Previous home
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails