Puffed Rice - 2 cups
Sev with Moong Dhal - 1 cup
Onion - 1 medium finely chopped
Tomatoes -2 ripe diced
Carrot - 2 nos. peeled and shredded
Cilantro - few stalks finely chopped
Potato Chips - few flakes
Sweet and Sour Chutney:
Dates - 4 nos. deseed and soak in water
Tamarind - small lime size soak in water
Jaggery - 1 tbsp
Roasted Peanuts - handful
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Paparika - 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1 tbsp roasted and powdered
Mint Leaves - few stalks
Salt to taste
1. Blend Dates, Tamarind and Jaggery to a fine paste.
2. Heat a skillet and pour the Dates and Tamarind paste, add Peanuts and mix well.
3. Sprinkle Salt, Turmeric Pwd, Chilli Pwd, Paparika, Cumin Pwd.
4. In a Motor grind the Mint Leaves and mix it with the Paste. When the Paste thicken remove from flames.
5. Mix Onions, Carrot, Cilantro and Tomatoes in a large bowl, add few spoonfuls of the Sweet and Sour Chutney now add the Puffed Rice and Sev.
6. Transfer the mixture to a plate and sprinkle some Sev on top and crush the Potato Chips and serve immediately.
Sweet & Sour Chutney