Next Previous home

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Toor Dhal Adai

Once I happened to visit Lakshmi's place, she makes scrumptous food, she served me with this Adai... I liked it very much, the most important thing that I liked about this Adai was that it was rich in Proteins and it tastes great too... I always wanted to try this out, mmm atlast I did it...



1. Soak 2 cups of Toor Dhal and 1/2 cup of Parboiled Rice for 2 hrs along with 4-5 Red Chillies and 2 tbsps of Cumin Seeds.
2. Grind them to a coarse paste by adding Water if required.



3. Cut 1 medium size Onion and few Stalks of Cilantro and mix in the batter.
4. Cut Coconut into small pieces add to the batter along with Salt to taste.
5. Heat a Pan and sprinkle Gingely Oil and spread the dough on medium flame.
6. After a min. toss off the Adai and wait until it cooks well.



Serve With: Chutney or Sambar

0 comments:

Next Previous home
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails