Coconut Chutney is the simplest and the easiest thing to prepare... Its actually the quickest side that is prepared... I re-collect, my Mom usually prepares Coconut Chutney when ever my Grandpa makes his visit home, it was his fav... But I used to dislike it God knows why. During winter months I have noticed the oil come out anyways its the most frequently made Chutney... The taste differ when we grind them in a Stone Motar and when its ground in a mixer...
1. Cut Coconut into pieces, 4-5 Green Chillies, 4-5 tbsps of Chick Peas and Salt and grind it adding Water as required.
2. Take a small Lemon sized Tamarind and mix with Water and add it with the ground chutney.
3. Heat Gingely Oil or Cooking Oil in a pan add Mustard Seeds let it splutter.
4. Add 1 tbsp Urad Dhal, 1 tbsp Channa Dhal and a few broken Red Chillies and Curry Leaves.
5. Sprinkle few Asafoetida Powder, mix well and pour it on the ground Chutney.
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Serve With: Dosa or Idly