Besan Flour - 2 cups
Salt a pinch
Oil for frying
For Sugary Syrup
Sugar - 11/2 cups
Water - 1/4 cup
Butter - 1 tbsp
1. Mix Besan Flour, salt and Water and bring the batter to a consistency like idly batter.
2. Heat oil and maintain it in a medium flame. The oil should be hot.
3. On a filter spoon pour the batter and rub into the oil wok with another spoon.
4. The filter spoon should be held well above the hot wok, otherwise the batter will thicken.
5. Remove the Bhoondi's when they turn a little brown.
6. If the bhoondi's become hard they cannot be used to make laddu.
7. Meanwhile heat a vessel add sugar and water. Sugar will melt and form a syrup.
8. Do not allow it to thicken up. Allow it to cool for a while.
9. Pour the syrup and mix with the bhoondi while the syrup is warm.
10. Fry cashews and raisins in butter and add then to the Bhoondi.
11. Mix well and make small balls. To avoid bhoondi's sticking to your palm dip your hands in water.