Coriander Leaves - 1 bunch
Red Chillies - 3 nos.
Channa Dhal - 1 tbsp
Urad Dhal - 1 tbsp
Tamarind - a small gooseberry size
Salt to taste
Vegetable Oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Urad Dhal - 1 tbsp (or Channa Dhal)
Curry Leaves - 1 stalk
Red Chillies - 1 no.
1. In a wok fry Red Chillies, Channa Dhal, Urad Dhal and Coriander Leaves separately.
2. In a mixer grind all the ingredients to a paste.
3. In a wok heat Oil and add Mustard Seeds until they splutter.
4. Add the Red Chillies and Urad Dhal and or Channa Dhal and Curry Leaves.
5. Pour this on the chutney.
Served with: Dosa, Idly and Chappathi
Fry the Coriander Leaves well otherwise the chutney will taste bitter. Soak Tamarind in water and use it to make the chutney.